Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I do !!!

tag
ArCpa
Contributor

What can I do !!!

Last Month i called Equifax and had them removed the freeze form my credit file. Today i applied for a auto loan from Penfed. They only pull Equifax in Arkansas. I got a notice thur MyFico. My credit has always been good. I pulled my fico on Equifax. And noticed that all my accounts except 2 were gone. Have 38 total accounts, such as mortage's,loan's and cc's. I went ahead a bought TU and EXP they are both correct. I called Equifax , was transfered too there fraud dept. I was told I had to send copies of my DL, SS card, Utility bill and medical bill. This is nuts. The rep said it could take 3 weeks , this truck is for my business and I cant wait for 3 weeks for them to fix their problems.

Do I have any legal recourse. And Penfed has already told me that  they would have to run another report , and what's stupid is I have been a member of PF for 4 yrs, have 2 different CC's and a PLOC and they are too stupid to see that none of their accounts are reporting either.

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: What can I do !!!

@ArCpa wrote:

Last Month i called Equifax and had them removed the freeze form my credit file. Today i applied for a auto loan from Penfed. They only pull Equifax in Arkansas. I got a notice thur MyFico. My credit has always been good. I pulled my fico on Equifax. And noticed that all my accounts except 2 were gone. Have 38 total accounts, such as mortage's,loan's and cc's. I went ahead a bought TU and EXP they are both correct. I called Equifax , was transfered too there fraud dept. I was told I had to send copies of my DL, SS card, Utility bill and medical bill. This is nuts. The rep said it could take 3 weeks , this truck is for my business and I cant wait for 3 weeks for them to fix their problems.

Do I have any legal recourse. And Penfed has already told me that  they would have to run another report , and what's stupid is I have been a member of PF for 4 yrs, have 2 different CC's and a PLOC and they are too stupid to see that none of their accounts are reporting either.

I realize you "removed the freeze" but I would think that after doing so, you would have followed up in a few days to make sure before submitting an app.  Yes, it sux... Yes, it's unfair.  But again, just something that would probably had made sense to do.  Maybe read the terms of submitting the freeze paperwork and see if there is any recoarse as they may have an exclusion for errors on their part.

Message 2 of 5
ArCpa
Contributor

I dont really understand your answer. I removed the freeze a month ago . Never submitted any freeze paperwork. I check my credit thur USAA weekly.The last time was Sat and  everything was fine . Going to call back tommorrow, hopefully and speak to someone in the US and not someone from a 3rd world country.

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 3 of 5
keithB
Established Contributor

@ArCpa wrote:

I dont really understand your answer. I removed the freeze a month ago . Never submitted any freeze paperwork. I check my credit thur USAA weekly.The last time was Sat and  everything was fine . Going to call back tommorrow, hopefully and speak to someone in the US and not someone from a 3rd world country.

I guess I don't understand your answer.  I thought freezing a credit report required a request and money - only free if you had a police report showing identity theft. Depending on the state, there is a charge to freeze and a charge to unfreeze. 

Message 4 of 5
ArCpa
Contributor

When I had my files froze. Each bureau sent me a letter with a PIn # and a number to call. Only Exp charges for the lift. TU and EQ are free. The point is , that my Equifax file is blank except for 2 lines. And i dont see how me unfreezing my report last month would have any effect. Since 4 days ago everything was okay.

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.