Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I do next?

I have a CC with Household Bank and after getting my CR I noticed that Household bank is showing that I had a second card with a different account number. It shows the second account as opened in 1/2007 and closed as of 6/2007. I never had a second card. I called them just now and the lady on the phone told me I only have 1 account on record which is the one valid account that I use now. So would my next step be to dispute the other account with EQ?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What do I do next?

moodringgrl wrote:
I have a CC with Household Bank and after getting my CR I noticed that Household bank is showing that I had a second card with a different account number. It shows the second account as opened in 1/2007 and closed as of 6/2007. I never had a second card. I called them just now and the lady on the phone told me I only have 1 account on record which is the one valid account that I use now. So would my next step be to dispute the other account with EQ?

Are there any lates or baddies associated with it? Do you think it impacted your average age any; in other words, do you have any accts younger than this one?

Some folks have disputed resulting in a deletion of not only the bad acct but the good acct as well. Be careful. I'd deal with HSBC directly on that one if I had to.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CL say 300 high balance was 160 which is funny cause I never had the account and balance is 0. So should I really just do nothing about it on my CR? I already called Household they said they only have 1 account on record.
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would be bullish on this one. I'd pull 2-3 of my reports to piece together the full 16 digit acct number and I would call over and over with that number to get a full (albeit short) history of that acct. Including old receipts. Maybe you can localize where the purchases have been made. Somehow someone got ahold if your info. Though, I do really think it is a computer error of some sort. Why would a thief go to the trouble in paying off your CC then to close it?!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looked at another CR and still doesnt show the last 4 digits of the account number. I about to call them again. Should I ask the person on the phone to please delete this from my CR even though they say they have no record or would a GW letter maybe work?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

file a dispute with all CRAs reporting  *NOT MINE*     Because of the CL on that card it is helping your UTIL soooooooo  if it is deleted you might see a score drop. Then on the other hand IF anyone uses that card and the UTIL goes up....it could hurt your scores more.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the cl is helping my score even though the account is closed?
Message 7 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Agree with HD..............'cept I'd dispute as "inaccurate or incomplete information". My experience with disputing as "NOT MINE", is that it results with a fraud alert placed by all three CRA's.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.