cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the difference between a SP vs a HP?

tag
Delna
Established Member

What's the difference between a SP vs a HP?

What information is included on a HP that's not included with a SP? The reason I ask is I requested CLI on one of my cards and was approved for an additional 5k but the rep said if I wanted a larger increase it would require a Hard Pull. I declined the HP, trying to keep my inq's down but it got me thinking, What additional would they see with the HP?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the difference between a SP vs a HP?

@Delna wrote:

What information is included on a HP that's not included with a SP? The reason I ask is I requested CLI on one of my cards and was approved for an additional 5k but the rep said if I wanted a larger increase it would require a Hard Pull. I declined the HP, trying to keep my inq's down but it got me thinking, What additional would they see with the HP?

They won't see anything else.  But everyone else will see the HP.    Technically for the system to work properly, all customer initiated CLI's are supposed to be HP. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.