Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to Look for in LexisNexis Report?

tag
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

What to Look for in LexisNexis Report?

I received my LN report today. I looked through it twice, and I don't see anything concerning. However, it's very different from a report by EQ/EX/TU. Most of the report consists of physical addresses that I have been associated with, including deed information for these addresses, regardless of whether I owned the building. It also has an odd assortment of email addresses, most of which date from 1999-2005.

Is there anything specific I should focus on? It's showing only one credit inquiry, the auto insurance coverages don't quite line up, and I wouldn't mind deleting some email addresses, but there's nothing that jumps out at me as being wrong or derogatory.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: What to Look for in LexisNexis Report?

@VanderSnoot wrote:

I received my LN report today. I looked through it twice, and I don't see anything concerning. However, it's very different from a report by EQ/EX/TU. Most of the report consists of physical addresses that I have been associated with, including deed information for these addresses, regardless of whether I owned the building. It also has an odd assortment of email addresses, most of which date from 1999-2005.

Is there anything specific I should focus on? It's showing only one credit inquiry, the auto insurance coverages don't quite line up, and I wouldn't mind deleting some email addresses, but there's nothing that jumps out at me as being wrong or derogatory.

I froze My LexisNexis Report, and opted out of all future junk.

after reading my phonebook thick LN Report, just decided they had way to much info.

I have had ZERO problems getting CC's or Checking Savings Bank Accounts after doing this.

Message 2 of 22
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Thank you. I opted out/suppressed public records but I haven't yet taken the next step of freezing the report. I'm considering doing so, and it's good to know that it doesn't seem to hinder access to new credit.

Was there anything in particular that alarmed you or was it the sheer amount of information? They have a record of every address I've ever lived, except the house where I was born. It was an interesting read - a bit of a trip, really.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Froze everything and exercised the Opt Out to eliminate more information and solicitations. Lexis Nexis Report was 52 pages which is about 50 pages more than it needed to be. Addresses that were repeated multiple times with one letter or number different ... ridiculous!!! Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 22
Berk
Established Contributor

Yep, I think most of us would be very alarmed at the sheer amount of info corporations can collect on us. But in the age of the World Wide Web we might as well get used to it. Most of us are connected 37 ways until Sunday and still get shocked when we find out how much is out there. I've come to grips with it years ago so it doesn't bother me anymore. Initially, it felt like an invasion of my privacy until I realized that I was the one that let them in in the first place.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but will you have problems getting car insurance if you freeze LN? And many places use that information for authentication questions, including CRAs, so does it prevent that? And what about correcting that information?
Message 6 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@VanderSnoot wrote:

Thank you. I opted out/suppressed public records but I haven't yet taken the next step of freezing the report. I'm considering doing so, and it's good to know that it doesn't seem to hinder access to new credit.

Was there anything in particular that alarmed you or was it the sheer amount of information? They have a record of every address I've ever lived, except the house where I was born. It was an interesting read - a bit of a trip, really.

sheer amount of information. that was enough to Alarm Me.

sorry for the late reply.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes but will you have problems getting car insurance if you freeze LN? And many places use that information for authentication questions, including CRAs, so does it prevent that? And what about correcting that information?

In my corner of the world having everything frozen has not been a problem. Shopped seventeen insurance companies and no problems for access. They have what they call are work arounds and they go to the general world and seek information and I am amazed that they do it but, they found what they needed. Also, by shopping around for many companies there was no real incentive for loyalty (surprised me). Saved $500+ (not one of the fast talking slick TV Commercial insurance ads either) and still had good coverage so for me the frozen world has had no impact.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah now that I think about it they do have a credit based insurance score based on TU, so I guess if you freeze LEXIS-NEXIS which pull from Equifax, I guess there’s another service available that pulls from TU. Do we know what that is? Or what other workarounds may be? Is there a competitor to LEXIS-NEXIS that we should be pulling reports from?
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah now that I think about it they do have a credit based insurance score based on TU, so I guess if you freeze LEXIS-NEXIS which pull from Equifax, I guess there’s another service available that pulls from TU. Do we know what that is? Or what other workarounds may be? Is there a competitor to LEXIS-NEXIS that we should be pulling reports from?

Your questions are spot on! Can not remember at this moment. Will think on it. My insurance contact is gone so insider info may not be available to me.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.