Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do?

Ok I have a 2002 Nissan Altima with 150K miles its paid for but needs a good but of work the engine needs a new timing chain and the cab has begun to leak. I am buying a house in June and was wondering if I should go ahead and take advantage of 0% finanicing and get a truck now? What are your thoughts MyFico.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do?

How will the added payment affect your DTI ratio? This plays an important part of being qualified for a home.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would still be able to get the loan based on My DTI.I just hate applying for credit so close together.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were me and there was any possible way that you could wait until after you got the mortgage, I would.

When I spoke to a LO at BoA last summer, just getting some estimates and feel for things, she said they wanted to see that I hadn't take on any new debt in the last 90 days(I think). However, this could have been because if my DTI, my credit, etc. Any number of reasons.

I wouldn't risk it, but you have to do what you have to do.

Possibly move the mortgage and do that sooner?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.