Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do?

Ok so my score is 549 and I have about 20 different collections from the same agency that are all medical bills. They have been on my score for 3 years now. I have 3 credit cards that are in good standing. Is there any way to remove these collections without paying the full balance?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do?

Are any of them inside SOL?

Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so my score is 549 and I have about 20 different collections from the same agency that are all medical bills. They have been on my score for 3 years now. I have 3 credit cards that are in good standing. Is there any way to remove these collections without paying the full balance?

Also may I ask where you got your score? There are many "credit scores" out there but most are not true FICO scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The main reason why a CA posts to your CR is to pressure payment of the debt.  It is hard enough just to get CA deletion upon payment of a debt.

You can offer payment for less than the full amount in exchange for CR deletion, but it sustantially lowers your odds of their acceptance.

How much is the debt, and how much are you offering in your PFD?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.