cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to use for 2nd form of ID for Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to use for 2nd form of ID for Experian?

Just ran credit.com (Free Experian Vantage report) for the Wife and it's saying that there are 3 negs on her account. On Equifax and TU, I was able to get these removed because of the age of the accounts, so she has zero negs on those 2.

Anyways, when trying to access her real Experian report so that we could initiate the dispute, it wants us to send in a photo copy of her driver's license (no problem there) AND a copy of a utlity bill. bank account statement or insurance statement, etc. PROBLEM: All of the utilites and bank accounts and car insurance are in my name only. For daily spending, she just uses her BoA cash rewards card and then I pay the bill. It says that credit card bills are not acceptable.

It does say "etc." though. So therefore, what would be acceptable as an "etc." How about a bill from the doctor's office, or what about a letter from Blue Cross?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to use for 2nd form of ID for Experian?

When I had to prove my identity to Experian I just sent the them copies of my birth certificate and SS card. Perhaps one of those forms in addition to you license would suffice?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I had to prove my identity to Experian I just sent the them copies of my birth certificate and SS card. Perhaps one of those forms in addition to you license would suffice?

Yeah. Same here. Last year though. Maybe they changed something? It specifically says a bill though. We looked around and we found some bills from the Doctor from december with name and address on them. I hope that's good enough. 

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The usual purpose of account or billing statements is that they normally include the person's postal address.

Is there anything that shows her address that you can provide?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.