cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I look forward to Cap1 falling off my CR?

tag
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

When can I look forward to Cap1 falling off my CR?

Account closed with balance owing Nov 16.  Payment plan shows on-time payment until about mid 2019.  CO Nov 2019.  Paid CO Feb 21. When did the 7 1/2 year clock on reporting start running?  Thx

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When can I look forward to Cap1 falling off my CR?

If you mean the derogatory status of the account,  reporting started the month after the last payment you made that eventually resulted in chargeoff.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@W261w261 wrote:

Account closed with balance owing Nov 16.  Payment plan shows on-time payment until about mid 2019.  CO Nov 2019.  Paid CO Feb 21. When did the 7 1/2 year clock on reporting start running?  Thx

Go to annual credit report and pull all 3 reports. The dates will spelled out for you.

TU will list "estimated date of removal".

EQ will list "date of first delinquency" (not the also listed major delinquency first reported) and add 7 years to that date. It will age off a month or so before then and should roughly align with TU.

EX will list "on record until", but they age items off at 6y 10m, so the date will be different than TU and EQ. This does not make any of the dates wrong.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.