Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When in the month does TU remove?

tag
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

When in the month does TU remove?

According to my annualcreditreport.com report, my last 2 charge-offs are scheduled to be removed from my TU report this month 4/2020.  

Does anyone know when this happens within the month?  Mid month?  End of the month?  First business Friday or something?  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: When in the month does TU remove?

Do you know what day?     It can be a few days after the date but typically you will see it off the next month for sure so if it says it will fall off 4 usually 5/1 it's gone gone Smiley Very Happy   But if you do know a date specifically it can be 5-7 days from that date I believe if I remember correctly Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

Sadly no.  They didn't list a specific date.  Just 4/2020.   

I was trying to narrow down a date (if they happened to do it in bulk or something).  

Message 3 of 11
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Got ya so yes I would have no idea it could be begin/middle/or end but 9.9% for sure 05/01 GONE XD

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Got ya so yes I would have no idea it could be begin/middle/or end but 9.9% for sure 05/01 GONE XD

I agree Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Early Exclusion:
7 year (plus 180 days) mark is the DoFD exclusion date. You can request for EE Early Exclusion on your derogatory / delinquency from:

TransUnion - 6 months early.

Call up TransUnion . Front line csr may be able to assist. If not, request to speak with a supervisor to have the delinquency / derogatory removed. You may not see a score improvement until the last late is removed. However, since EE request is a simple process might as well take advantage of it.

Message 6 of 11
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Early Exclusion:
7 year (plus 180 days) mark is the DoFD exclusion date. You can request for EE Early Exclusion on your derogatory / delinquency from:

Call up TransUnion . Front line csr may be able to assist. If not, request to speak with a supervisor to have the delinquency / derogatory removed. You may not see a score improvement until the last late is removed. However, since EE request is a simple process might as well take advantage of it.

Thank you.  I already have the month/year of deletion (and DOFD) from my annual credit report.  They are going to age off this month sometime.  

I don't have the patience to sit on hold for something that's going to be removed in the next 29 days.  

I was just trying to see if there was a guideline for when within the month it would happen. 

I still have some other lates so it's not going to be a huge score shift.  But it will be nice to have my last account that is listed as derogatory be removed.  

Message 7 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@I_Love_Cards wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Early Exclusion:

Thank you.  I already have the month/year of deletion (and DOFD) from my annual credit report.  They are going to age off this month sometime.  

I don't have the patience to sit on hold for something that's going to be removed in the next 29 days.  

I was just trying to see if there was a guideline for when within the month it would happen. 

I still have some other lates so it's not going to be a huge score shift.  But it will be nice to have my last account that is listed as derogatory be removed. 

Understood. Hope you get a nice score increase when all your deragatories are removed.

Message 8 of 11
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@I_Love_Cards wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Early Exclusion:

Understood. Hope you get a nice score increase when all your deragatories are removed.

Thank you!  Me too.  Unfortunately, the last won't go until 2024 (federally backed student loans that are un-goodwillable).  

But these two are the last of a lot of yuck from 7-8 years ago so I'm really excited to see that life/financial phase finally gone.  

And I think there will be a little bit of boost-I hope anyway.  I'm at 700+ for all but TU (which is at 697).  So I'm hoping for 4 points LOL.  We'll see what happens sometime in the next 29 days.  

Message 9 of 11
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

Since I know you're all on the edge of your seats....

These accounts were removed on the 7th.  

I didn't get a score update that day and the next one also included one inquiry becoming non-scorable.

TU08 +4 pts.

V3.0  +2 pts. This doesn't matter but listing as a comparison for the next line.  

V4.0 - 62 pts.  That's correct.  MINUS 62.  This score does matter because Sync is now using 653 rather than 715 for my CLI requests.  

I didn't expect any real movement on my FICO since I still have serious lates on other accounts.  So +4 is good (if that's even from these accounts and not the inquiry-I still have a LOT of those though so I'm probably maxed).  And no charge offs is even better.  

Anyway-if anyone is googling, they were scheduled to age off in 4/2020 and were removed on the 7th. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.