cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should you write a reconsider letter-denial?

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

When should you write a reconsider letter-denial?

I applied for a JCP card in store and was that I would be receive a call.  Do anyone think this is the same as the letter in the mail when you are denied? This is the inquirie that showed up on my credit report score watch alert.  When should reconsider a denial? How long should you wait before you reconsider a denial?  Should you write a letter mail, email, or call company customer service center?  I have been denied Dillard's due to BK, Best Buy, Dell now JCP.  I thought that JCP would give me at least the smallest credit limit that they afford.  Very disappoint I do alot of shopping there and could really use the card to help improve my credit fico.  I live in GA,
JC PENNY/MONOGRAM CREDTI
Inquiry date: 1/23/2008

Contact: JC PENNY/MONOGRAM CREDTI, PO Box 981402, El Paso, TX, 799981402   •   (800) 542-0800
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: When should you write a reconsider letter-denial?

I would let JCP go and not worry about having a store card right now.  I understand the idea of credit mix etc and effect on fico scores but we have to step back and realize that  because of our BK, we don't have all the options available to us.  I applied to Target and was denied.  LOL  But I am going to just let it rest.  Credit markets are so squeezed right now that no one is getting credit, not even the prime people
Message 2 of 3
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Re: When should you write a reconsider letter-denial?

Is Kay Jewelry card be considered a store card? If so than I receive it in the mail today with a 1500cl.
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.