cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to check for recent Soft Pulls on Experian report?

tag
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Where to check for recent Soft Pulls on Experian report?

I checked on both the experian app and website but couldn't find anywhere the list of soft pulls (in either the 3B report via experian or the Experian paid account that shows you all of experian scores Fico 8, 9 etc)

Is there a way to see the soft pulls?

I used to be able to see those in equifax a year ago when they offered a year of free service due to the equifax hack but thats gone now.

Thanks

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Re: Where to check for recent Soft Pulls on Experian report?

I'm sure folks will chime in...but I do know this much. annual credit report.com will show you the soft pulls 

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

This report is free, will show all 3 bureaus data, but you can only request once a year for no charge. The bureaus' data is very inclusive and will show the soft (marketing) pulls. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 2 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

Do you want to know just out of curiousity?  SP don't hurt your score and you can't really dispute them.  I see on my annual reports who did soft pulls and I don't even know who some of them are.  What use will you make out of this information?  Perhaps I should be paying more attention to it.

Message 3 of 6
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys, I was able to see the soft pulls.

It's just interesting to see which banks are checking up on your frequently. Whether it be Chase who soft pulled me immediately after I got a new card about 8 months after getting a chase card. Or sir Barclays seeing if I'm being a good boy with inquiries and apping after having been blessed with their card a few months back Or just discover and Amex soft pulling me every few weeks - I believe for their mailing offers. I get weekly Amex and discover mails which does get kinda tiring. American businesses waste so much paper!

I don't wanna take off my name from pre screen offers as of course one day i will grab a nice card if it's interesting enough.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:

Do you want to know just out of curiousity?  SP don't hurt your score and you can't really dispute them.  I see on my annual reports who did soft pulls and I don't even know who some of them are.  What use will you make out of this information?  Perhaps I should be paying more attention to it.

A lender like Amex does regular SP and will use that for CLI decisions. if you know your score is going to improve, it can be beneficial to see when they do their SP. It's a little easier now that they give you access to your FICO and tell you when they made the pull. But the report will show the last dozen or so pulls.

I can see them on the report I get after adverse action. I always check just to see. I was declined for a SP CLI and was able to access my report using experian.com/reportaccess I'm not sure what happens if you say you had adverse action even if you didn't. Might be worth trying.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The very definition of a so-called soft inquiry is that it cannot be included in any credit report that is provided to anyone other than the named consumer.

Most commercial credit reports are produced without regard to who the inquiree might be, and thus usually exclude soft inquiries from their reports as standard business practice, thus enabling them to be sent to anyone.

You need a report that is clearly produced only for the named consumer, and not for anyone else.

The government-sanctioned site at annualcreditreport.com is such a site, as it is ONLY available for a consumer to pull their own credit report.

Thus, reports from annualcreditreport.com will provide record of soft inquiries.  Most commercial credit reports will not.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.