cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does everyone seem to pull Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does everyone seem to pull Experian?

Just checked by credit reports. 

Inquiries: 

Experian = 34

Equifax = 17

TransUnion = 9

I finally realized why Discover approved me back in January... They pulled TU, where the previous failed attempts they tried pulling Equifax. 

18 REPLIES 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Why does everyone seem to pull Experian?

Maybe it also has to do with Geo-Locations?

Here in the Mid-South they load up my TU like there's no tomorrow but my EX sits practically vacant except whenever Capital One tags it from their Triple-Pulls or Citi adds their stamp to it along with EQ.

I don't deal with Amex at all unless it's thru another lender on their network so i don't have to bother with their EX pull happy ways myself.

Your EX is more like my own TU and i also beg to question why every lender (almost) feel that  they have to pull on it instead of spreading things around a bit more LoL

Message 2 of 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I'm the opposite of you I've got a majority of TU pulls and EX being my least pulled and of course that's my highest score wouldn't you know. Blame it on certain lenders and the state your in. Google credit pull databases and they are pretty accurate when it comes to states and regions.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you have 34 EX inquiries but only 4 credit cards it seems? Or do you have many more
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the most inquiries on Experian as well but it still sits as my highest score across the 3. It has to do with geographic location and also lenders such as Amex, Blispay only pulling EX.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you have 34 EX inquiries but only 4 credit cards it seems? Or do you have many more

Student loans results in a HP once a year I think, and then I have a lot of denials, because I'm dumb lol. 

There's also car insurance pulls, which I'm not sure are hard or soft... Because the report doesn't indicate which one it was. I've been shopping around for car insurance lately. 

Message 6 of 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Student loans results in a HP once a year I think, and then I have a lot of denials, because I'm dumb lol. 

There's also car insurance pulls, which I'm not sure are hard or soft... Because the report doesn't indicate which one it was. I've been shopping around for car insurance lately. 

Your not the only one, everything is a HP these days it seems. I think even thinking about apping for a card will result in a HP in the future. It's not uncommon to rack up a bunch of inquiries when building or rebuilding, you weren't dumb just uninformed, I'm sure after spending some time here you know better now Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried a CU? Most pull EQ and TU (except NASA)
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit union pulls Experian. They were nice enough to give me a card anyways.
Message 9 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting to see the different results around here.  It seems like most folks that has responded thus far see the least amount of pulls on EX and that's the same or me here in the Midwest.  My EX is my least pulled report.  The only one that has tagged that report for me is CapOne and BoA.  Where I'm at, and in my experience, EQ is my most pulled report.  The only inquiries I get on my TU report are the occasional CapOne since they pull one from each, and Synchrony which has pulled TU exclusively on me.  

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.