cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does everyone seem to pull Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why does everyone seem to pull Experian?

Interesting. Most of my inquiries are with TU.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me here in the South...my EQ gets used and abused. My EX and TU are pretty much not abused at all. 4 and 5 inquiries respectively
Message 12 of 19
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Seems because it's my lowest score Smiley Frustrated

EX refuses to remove an incorrect entry which I have disputed more than once - TU and EQ removed it the first time I disputed it, but EX won't short of me taking them to court.

TU 801, EQ 765, EX 735 

Not worth my time to sue EX over this, but it is annoying.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here in the northeast my EX is pulled for a bunch too, BoA, Chase, US Bank, Citi
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the Southeast and it's EQ all day and everyday.  That thing has taken a beating...........

I'd love some EX pulls, it's my strongest and steadiest by far.  

Message 15 of 19
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

It MUST be your location. I wish EXP got pulled for me more often! Smiley Happy For me it's Equifax. Always friggin Equifax.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of my inquiries are with EX and I'm in NorCal. I have 38 but all except 3 are for auto loans. A car last year and one this year.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think location and simply the creditors that one seeks out can have a major impact on this perception that certain bureaus get pulled more than others.

My inquires are balanced across the bureaus +/- 1 so I don't have the personal impression that one gets pulled any more often than the others.

There are certain cards that are known to pull certain bureaus (like Amex with EX for example).  If someone goes on a spree and happens to pick 3-4 cards that are all known to pull the same bureau, their impression will be that "everyone" pulls that bureau.  The same person could have picked 3-4 completely different cards that happen to pull a different bureau, and as a result their opinion would be completely different.  I think in general people tend to get a fairly nice mix, so it doesn't seem like such an issue.  Perception is reality though, and everyone will have a different perception when it comes to this subject based on their personal experiences.

Message 18 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why does everyone seem to pull Experian?

You cannot assume trends based on insufficient sample data.  In this case you can't determine that everyone pulls EX just by looking at your reports.  For me, EQ is pulled most often.  The CRA used by a given creditor can vary by region.

@Anonymous wrote:

There's also car insurance pulls, which I'm not sure are hard or soft... Because the report doesn't indicate which one it was. I've been shopping around for car insurance lately. 

Sure it does.  However, you have to pull a report that includes soft pulls.  Inm most cases you need to pull directly from the CRA.  Verify that you're using an appropriate source for your report if you want to view soft pulls.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.