Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Citi and BofA report off-cycle?

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Will Citi and BofA report off-cycle?

What are the chances of getting Citi and BofA to report off-cycle? I recently paid the Rewards+ and the BankAmericard off completely. Both cards' statements cut recently, but I'd love to have the new zero uti reported ASAP. (Yes, I will most likely close the cards down. You knew it was coming.) 

Mods, if you feel this would be better suited to the "General Credit" category, feel free. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will Citi and BofA report off-cycle?

"Yes, I will most likely close the cards down. You knew it was coming"

5 minus 2 = @pinkandgrey Smiley Very Happy

I honestly can't say, about off cycle reporting with BoA or Citi   .. Never asked.

Have not read any DP's on that? .. maybe it could be how nice you ask? .. YMMV

Message 2 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

"Yes, I will most likely close the cards down. You knew it was coming"

5 minus 2 = @pinkandgrey Smiley Very Happy

I honestly can't say, about off cycle reporting with BoA or Citi   .. Never asked.

Have not read any DP's on that? .. maybe it could be how nice you ask? .. YMMV

I'll ask as nicely as possible?

Message 3 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Good luck. Interested in these exact DPs. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a long standing BofA customer, I do not believe they report off cycle. I have also looked this up. Good luck! They report on the same day monthly for me!

Message 5 of 11
GmbH
Contributor

I don't know about Citi, but BofA won't.

Message 6 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@GmbH wrote:

I don't know about Citi, but BofA won't.

From what I'm hearing, neither will lol.  I guess I'm outta luck. 

Message 7 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Both actually do but only for very specific conditions. Citi reps need to hear certain trigger phrases to initiate the request and BofA requires a written letter to the credit bureau team. The best issuer is Discover, they do it just by calling in. 

Message 8 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Both actually do but only for very specific conditions. Citi reps need to hear certain trigger phrases to initiate the request and BofA requires a written letter to the credit bureau team. The best issuer is Discover, they do it just by calling in. 

I'm not sure what triggers citi needs. Do you @mxp114 ? Just asked and they said it's not possible. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with 3 different CSRs last month at Citi when I requested an off-cycle reporting.  Each one told me they COULD do an off-cycle reporting and would initiate it.  They first asked if they could just "send me a letter indicating the the account was paid off" and I said no, a letter doesn't change my CR and therefore won't change my score.  They then said they understood and would report the new ($0) balance.  All of them said it could take a few days.  Well, after the first week I contacted the second CSR, a week after that I contacted the third.  Long story short, it's been nearly a month and I never got an off-cycle reporting.  The next statement period closes in a day or two, so at this point I'm no longer bothering with Citi CSRs.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.