Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox All Access Financing and Citizens One Line of Credit Questions

tag
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: Xbox All Access Financing and Citizens One Line of Credit Questions

That would be another factor too and why I was wondering if it would persist after the fact. I wonder if anyone out there has DPs on them using a recent HP to qualify as well either. I did my student loan refi through them in July, so if it's within 90 days I wouldn't even worry about that.

But really, with the cost difference in using the Live -> GPU conversion trick, that's the much better way to go.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering that my last Xbox One X went and died a few months after the one year warranty was up despite not seeing heavy use, I would caution that it may be worth using a credit card with an extended warranty benefit over financing. Microsoft wanted $250 to replace it with a refurb so I went on eBay and got a new one instead for $300. First time I have ever had a console fail but as we know, Microsoft is known for failures with the RROD on the 360...

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been very fortunate on all my Xbox products, they have all lasted me several years even past the time the newest nextgens came out. 

Starting with the OG console, and now currently the Halo Reach Xbone. Which is likely my very last console purchase as the games seem to be just repeating the same old thing.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been very fortunate on all my Xbox products, they have all lasted me several years even past the time the newest nextgens came out. 

Starting with the OG console, and now currently the Halo Reach Xbone. Which is likely my very last console purchase as the games seem to be just repeating the same old thing.

I have had really crappy luck with the Xbox to be honest. In addition to the dead One X I've gone through 3 Xbox One controllers despite the fact I don't abuse them and I've gone through two rechargeable battery packs as well.

I had a PS4 longer than the Xboxes (I have had both the Xbox One and the One X) and both my controller that came with the PS4 and the controller that came with my PS4 Pro work perfectly and those have both been used more than the Xbox controllers have combined.

My PS4 and the PS4 I bought for the roommates to have downstairs as well as the PS4 Pro all still work perfectly fine and my roommate's kid is rough on the one downstairs. He never puts it to sleep, he has shoved it into a corner where it can't get decent ventilation, it was sitting on the floor for awhile where it no doubt picked up a lot of dust and dog hair... It's fan is very loud but it's never once overheated even when he plays one of the Souls games for 12-16 hours straight. 

Message 14 of 23
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@ccquest 

Thanks for letting me know of the pricing.  Gonna use my Discover for this purchase at Amazon, Target or Walmart for 5% and then I get another 5% Match.  Thus, I ought to get $50 total cash back on this purchase when it pays out in Feb 2021....

Message 15 of 23
coreyb80
Super Contributor

FYI, if you have a Dell Financial account you can you will be able to use it on the new XBOX as well as Dell is a form of accepted payment on M$.  My plan is to purchase and take advantage of the 6/12 months no interest promo, if available at the time.

Message 16 of 23
razzy116
Established Contributor

Xbox all access

Is any one doing the xbox all access payment plan and is it worth doing it. Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 23
razzy116
Established Contributor

Is any one doing the xbox all access and is it worth it?, I"m thinking about doing it.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@razzy116  I've merged your thread with an existing thread on the same topic.

Please utilize forum's search feature before starting threads. 

Thank you

Message 19 of 23
ccquest
Established Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

Is any one doing the xbox all access and is it worth it?, I"m thinking about doing it.

For the Series X it comes out slightly cheaper ($20), for the Series S it is about $60.

If you have Costco membership, you can buy membership then convert to GPU like I outline here and get it even cheaper (sub $600 instead of $840) but not financed over 2 years.

FWIW I decided on the PS5 route for now and placed my order for a Digital Edition, hope it comes on time!

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.