Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

advice

Hey, just want some input.  Credit scores are    Equifax- 726    Experian- 609    Transunion- 604

There are some older accounts that have been settled, reporting negative on Experian and Transunion, but not Equifax ( dont know why, hence  the high score on Equifax). They have been settled and are closed, but still reporting negative. Should I try and get those removed?. Next question.
I have an account that has been charged off( profit / loss writeoff ) however you want to call it. Obviously not reporting negative on Equifax, but negative on the other two. On Transunion, it has a closed date of Feb. 2002, with a date of last activity on Sep. 2005. Now the 7 year payment history, does not have any marks on it. This is on the Transunion report. And if I remember right, Transunion had a removal date somewhere in 2009. I think Transunion is the only one that gives estimated removal dates of items in its credit report, could be wrong. Anyway, am I correct in assuming this will fall off in 2009, and if so , will the other bureaus follow suit and remove also.

I am trying to get the other two lower scores up near the 720 mark. I pay my bills on time , have about a 45% utilization, which will get lower, and pretty much all the negatives on the reports are older accounts, none are current. All the credit cards and the auto loan now, are current, never late and have a 1-3 year history of on time payments. Am I correct in assuming the dings on the score for Experian and Transunion are due to higher utilization and negatives on those other accounts. And will a steady diet of more on time payments , lower utilization, raise those two scores, in about 2 years, to the 700 range?  Any answers , advice will surely be appreciated.  I'll have more questions later.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.