Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection

tag
rudy
Regular Contributor

collection

Recently had two collection appear on my credit report. The collection agency and the company sent everything to the wrong address (rental property)

I read in the fair credit reporting act 2018, that creditors and collection agencies must send correspondenes to the proper address and check to make sure the address is correct or they have to remove it from the credit report if letters went to the wrong address.

So , this is what happen to me. I got a landlord policy for my rental home and motorcycle insurance. The agent made my rental property my primary address and my primary address the rental property. Which was totally wrong. All of my doc's went to the rental property. I cancelled my motocycle insurance for winter. However they could not get the last payments for the motorcycle insurance or the property insurance because I closed that account, thinking everything was paid in full. I had made a substantial down payment (landlord policy) and made the some other payments. I waited until the following month to close the bank account so I could tranfer everything over to the new account for all of my bills. The company was sending payment request to the rental property, Then it went to collection. The collection company sent everything to the rental. Nothing never came to my primary residents.  So of course they put two collections on my credit report. However, the company admitted the mistake and the collections was suppose to be removed. One of the collection was removed but the other remains. The collection company is still trying to get money from me.

I was able to get the collection letters from my tenant. I sent the collection company a letter explaining what had happened with a copy of my license, front and back and a copy of the collect letter that was sent to the rental. Showing them they had the wrong address. I have disputed the collection with all three bureaus, results are not in.  

But what is my next step just in case. I got a text from the collection company today

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: collection

Did you get it in writng their mistake? If not. Ask them to send you a letter explaining the situation and advise them the CA is still on your report. Ask them to recall the debt since it was their fault. If that doesnt work then send the company's letter to the CRA's as a dispute if the CA is stubborn.

PS. Please break long posts into paragraphs. Hard to read and follow.

Message 2 of 4
rudy
Regular Contributor

I do have a email from an agent. In the email he even speaks about a refund do to there mistake, which I recieved this weekend. That is the closest thing that I have to a letter

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Better than nothing. Send a copy to the CRA's with a dispute letter explaining the situation as you did here. Send it certified with return reciept. Should take care of it. If not. FRCA lawyer time. Good Luck

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.