Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collecton names with numbers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

collecton names with numbers

Has anyone ever had a TL from a collection company that states Company 2f33456y0001 has acquired this debt from 2576cv76 in the amount of 875.00 on 3-05  and now has balance due of 1356.00   ????  how on earth do I know who 2f33456y0001 is when no name address or anything is given? or let alone the person the debt was originally with??  I have about 10 of these on my credit reports and I dunno what to do cuz it is saying that they are late and sent to collections and it's affecting my score.  please help!! anyone.  thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: collecton names with numbers

Smiley Tongue oooops

Message Edited by kims on 07-11-2007 07:51 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've run across the same thing and the only thing I know to do is try and match up as much information as possible with your credit report. TU gives detailed information...CA and/or OC with address, Acct #, etc.  On my collection accounts that only gave information in "greek" I went through my 3 CR and matched up dollar amounts.

For example:

Collection Agency             401yc00000

current balance             $862.00

I went back thru my reports and found the CA/OC that I owed $862.00 and I will mail a letter to them asking for PFD.

sorry about the double post!!

Message Edited by kims on 07-11-2007 07:50 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried disputing any of these? I would try based on the info being reported is not clear enough to determine that they are yours.  I would do this in writing to the CRA's. If you can't determine that the are yours how can anyone else.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone ever had a TL from a collection company that states Company 2f33456y0001 has acquired this debt from 2576cv76 in the amount of 875.00 on 3-05 and now has balance due of 1356.00 ???? how on earth do I know who 2f33456y0001 is when no name address or anything is given? or let alone the person the debt was originally with?? I have about 10 of these on my credit reports and I dunno what to do cuz it is saying that they are late and sent to collections and it's affecting my score. please help!! anyone. thanks

Did you pull your reports from MyFico or directly from the CRAs or through another reseller?

Coded collection items usually indicate a medical collection. Do the dates and amounts match up with any doctor or hospital expenses that you can remember?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You beat me to it.  It's probably a medical collection.  I had them report that way from myfico, but when I pulled True Credit, the actual name of the collection company was there. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.