Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correction request info needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: correction request info needed

Not divorced yet gator. Hearing is next month. I just came from the hospital and they tell me it was actually the court system that attached my name to his judgment. It could work out that the only way to get my name off of it is if I somehow get him to admit through all this divorce process stuff that he did not allow me to attend the hearing and he did not inform me of the judgment. I still have to contact the court.

On the upside...I also stopped by to check my footing on a car loan. Current interest rate for what I have is 14.9 and it sure would help to get lower. Guy was real nice. He looked at the reports I pulled myself this morning instead of insisting on pulling his own. He says I could probably get something with credit report as is around 7-8%. Not where I want to be but it's better.

I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out here
Message 11 of 14
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Call them or send in a mailed dispute stating you have never used or lived at said address.  I had two addresses on my CR that were my ex's after the divorce.  The lady on the phone deleted them as we spoke.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

...4. there is no record of employer. I've been employed forever. Would this have an impact on my credit score? Is this hurting my score or possible a lenders decision if they are looking for stability?

Well, I can pitch in on this one tiny thing. I had ancient info on all three of my reports. I had paid for reports from each site, which allowed me access to a phone number, so I called and they did it over the phone. It took EQ about three tries to untangle themselves, but in the end, we worked it out. (I have a Southern accent which I pull out and use as needed. Smiley Wink )

FWIW, not a single solitary thing happened with my scores. There's an old FICO Powerpoint that floats around periodically that lists employment categories and how they would be used for scoring, but this is no longer in effect, if ever it was. And this after I so carefully crafted my job category! However, I had a recent app spree (6 CC's and a loan), and I didn't have to provide proof of employment for any of them. They asked online or over the phone (depending on how I app'd) for employer name and my work number, and I guess since it matched what was on my reports, they were satisfied. I think that I had had a minor error on an address on one report, and I got that corrected too. Luck of the newbies, I suppose it was.

Hope you can clean out the other garbage PDQ. And I might even advise your soon-to-be-ex's boss of his threats. That way, if he does try to follow through, you'll have more power to fight back, since you tried to warn him.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-20-2008 03:43 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Going,

Good post by Hauling. 

IMO, you may want to wait until DIV is final to begin repairing credit, unless you are legally seperated. If nothing legal with courts has been filed your (Ex to be) could no everything you are doing. I personally would wait.

I'm not a divorce atty, but went through one years ago.

Any other thoughts on this one out there??
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.