Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit report using a itin...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit report using a itin...

anyone know if its possible to get your credit report using a itin number?

thanks.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: credit report using a itin...

Parties can furnish information to a CRA by providing a name, address, and identifier such as a tax ID number.

The issue is whether any prior reporting included adequate personal identifiers that were acceptable to the CRA.  A tax ID is normally acceptable for consumers who do not have an SSN.

Once a  credit file is established, you should then be able to obtain a credit report.

To answer your question, simply log into the gvt authorized site at annualcreditreport.com and attempt to order your FCRA-mandated free annual copy of your credit report.

If they do not have an established file, they will so inform.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried without any sucess. Smiley Sad

thank you

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried to subscribe in fico credit reports using ITIN and my payment is yet to be refunded because when i called they only accept SSN, WOULD LIKT TO TRY EXPERIAN too, but lose mt patinece when waiting on their hotline for 20 minutes... goodluck to us..

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently subscribed to ITIN with Equifax, unable so far with Transunion and Experian
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you got your Equifax credit report using an ITIN?  Your response will be highly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Also, has anyone had any luck obtaing their credit report using an itin number?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to know this, too.

AKAIK, the only way to obtain a report with an ITIN is to apply by mail. I've not seen any online channels for it. Would love to be proven wrong!

Some credit providers (like Amex) offer a monthly FICO 8 score and summary, without having to sign up explicitly using an SSN. But you obviously need to have a card with them in the first place, and you don't get much detail.

Message 7 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I have researched the requirments for use of annualcreditreport.com, as negotiated with the the FTC.

It is a formal requirement of the government approved site at annualcreditreport.com that you MUST provide a social security number.

That is an approved security feature, and use of an ITIN is not adequate.

You will need to order your annual report by mail from the CRA.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, would you tell me how you do it to gain access to EQ please? I'm trying to get one too with TAX ID, it's very important for me, thank you.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PM1974 I have access online with EX, I typed my info in the sign up page, and i was surprised when it showed me all my info likely CC's and loans, in TU if I want credit report from TÚ, I have to call them to mail me my CR. I never could do it with EQ.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.