Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experian dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

experian dispute

hey all! 

I have pulled all three reports, on all of my credit card accounts, Experian is reporting incorrectly.  On some accounts where I have never been over 90 days they are reporting 120 days.  They are also not reporting some that are current, as such.  There is one account that is showing 120 days - 150 days - 120 days... that account was only at 120 days for one month & never at 150.  I have submitted disputes on the website.  How long should it take to be investigated & fixed? 

thanks!

san53170
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: experian dispute

sandys53170 wrote:

I have pulled all three reports, on all of my credit card accounts, Experian is reporting incorrectly.
I have submitted disputes on the website.  How long should it take to be investigated & fixed?

Whenever disputing ANYTHING, always wait it out. They have 30-45 days to investigate and respond or they are in violation. [Reminds me. TU hasn't responded to my written dispute over my address.]

If you contact the CRA to offer up additional helpful info, they can continue to investigate for another 15 days. Don't extend the amount of time they can dawdle.

Message 2 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

They have 30 days to verify.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
They have 30 days to verify.

I was thinking about the annualcreditreport dispute issue. OP said online.

Although, with Experian, one can dispute anything, anytime online without every buying an EX report from anywhere. Given their CSR model, that's probably a good thing.

Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yea.. I just assumed the OP disputed directly via a MyFICO report.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:

You can do that?

Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

You can do that?

Yes... couple of caveats though.

1. No link to EQ
2. TU links to the annualcreditreport.com URL. Thus giving TU 45+5 days

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.