Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico question!

tag
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

fico question!

My brother asked me to post this question:

His fico dropped 20 points all of a sudden. No lates payments, he has a cc that had a 1300 bal. but paid 1100 of that a couple of weeks ago. Opened a new khol; card but that was literally just the other day. Would it show up that quick and would it drop you a whole 20 points?

He is getting frustrated b/c he is paying more than minumum due always and his score seems to go down every month.

Any thoughts as to why this could be?

TIA

Starting Exp-545, TU-531,EQ-515
DH starting Exp-503,TU-486,EQ-470
short term goal: mine-600, DH-550
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fico question!

Assuming nothing else is happening to his CRs, a new TL can easily drop a FICO score that much. I have lost an average of 20-25 points with a new TL reportting.

He could always search around here for Kohl's reporting, so as to see if it reports that quick.
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

An INQ sunk my EQ score 15 points which took a year to recover.  It was the 2nd INQ I had on my EQ report.  Interesting enough a 3rd one did nothing.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

A new inquiry shows up pretty instantaneously, at least it does for me.  I would imagine that a new credit card would show up pretty quickly too.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.