cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i have them removed from my credit reports?

tag
hoang817
Regular Contributor

how can i have them removed from my credit reports?

HI,

I have paid in fulled for these 2 accounts since august of last year. now how do i have them removed from my credit reports? thanks 

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Re: how can i have them removed from my credit reports?

It will not be removed for several years if I'm not mistaken regardless of you paying the account or not. You should call CMRE Financial Services directly and ask for a e-mail/address that you can send and mail a goodwill letter too asking them to remove it. It's worth a try. Worse thing that will happen is you will get denied for Goodwill until it falls off of your credit score automatically.

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: how can i have them removed from my credit reports?

@Reviewers wrote:

It will not be removed for several years if I'm not mistaken regardless of you paying the account or not. You should call CMRE Financial Services directly and ask for a e-mail/address that you can send and mail a goodwill letter too asking them to remove it. It's worth a try. Worse thing that will happen is you will get denied for Goodwill until it falls off of your credit score automatically.

Pretty much this. Basically, there's no legit way to remove it, and the creditor has no reason/incentive to remove it, either. You could try asking for GW as mentioned above, but it is a (very) long shot. It will stay on for up to 7.5 years from DOFD, or Date of First Delinquency, which is the date of the first missed payment that led to a charge off.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.