Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many points?

How many points are old judgements (paid),  worth to the negative? I have one or two that are 6 years old. I want to take out a home improvement loan and I'm  having trouble getting a decent interest loan. I can't figure out why my score seems to be about 620 when I have been paying all my bills on time for years. This includes 3 credit cards, car loan, mortgage and motorcycle. I make about 72,000 per year. Would like some advice! Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how many points?

hi lorie, and welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

There's a wealth of information here, and many knowledgeable people here to help you get credit healthy.

I don't have any experience in the effects of judgments on your scores, so I really can't address your issues. sowwy. Smiley Sad

But there are folks here that can. And I'm sure they will chime in shortly with their thoughts.

In the meantime, read, read, read, and then read some more. I don't know of one person that had credit issues that didn't improve their credit health when they became regulars here. You will too. Just remember you are not alone! Many of us were in far worse circumstances.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how many points?

lorie wrote:
How many points are old judgements (paid),  worth to the negative? I have one or two that are 6 years old. I want to take out a home improvement loan and I'm  having trouble getting a decent interest loan. I can't figure out why my score seems to be about 620 when I have been paying all my bills on time for years. This includes 3 credit cards, car loan, mortgage and motorcycle. I make about 72,000 per year. Would like some advice! Thanks!

It doesn't matter whether the judgments are paid or unpaid -- the fact that you got one (two actually) has a big negative effect because they are in the categories of worst baddies (public records), although they have a lesser effect than if they  happened just a year ago.

Any chance you can wait until the judgments drop from your CRs before applying? That should happen 7 yrs after they were paid.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.