Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO - Experian - Transunion and Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO - Experian - Transunion and Equifax

I notice that my experian.com is about 5 points higher than myFICO'S Experian. Is this becuase myFICO is a 3rd party and hasn't updated? If so if I join transunion.com and equifax.com will they be more up to date than myFICO?

I want to keep using myFICO but want to see what is going on in realtime as I'm about to start processing for a new car loan very soon. Any input would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFICO - Experian - Transunion and Equifax

Experian updates daily at 3AM ET, myFICO only updates either when there is an alert or monthly/quarterly (depending on your subscription level), whichever comes first. That's why your Experian FICO score is newer and 5 points higher, myFICO will catch up when it updates next time.

Transunion subscriptions provides VantageScore only, same score as Credit Karma. Equifax subscription on the other hand uses their own internal scoring model. The only CRA that provides FICO8 is Experian.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok let me ask this.. I plan to apply for a loan on a new vehcile in about 2 weeks or so.. waiting on a few more credit cards to report where I paid thousands on.

The loan officer told me they use the Equifax AutoFico8 score system. Considering I just joined Equifax and it shows my score almost 80 points less than myFICO, which will be more accurate for the loan officer? myFICO or Equifax? Thank you to for your responses it has been grealty appreciated.  This is confusing and in time I'm sure I'll understand it much better.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I answered this question in the other thread, I edited the last post for more info. Look under "other scores" or "other versions", it's been a while since my last subscription, after logging into your myFICO subscription and look for FICO 8 Auto for Equifax.
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I notice that my experian.com is about 5 points higher than myFICO'S Experian. Is this becuase myFICO is a 3rd party and hasn't updated? If so if I join transunion.com and equifax.com will they be more up to date than myFICO?

I want to keep using myFICO but want to see what is going on in realtime as I'm about to start processing for a new car loan very soon. Any input would be most appreciated.

Thank you

If i remember. Before I got MyFICO 3 yrs ago. I had the EQ FICO monitoring sub. I believe it was only FICO 4 and not 8.  I dropped it. Whereas MyFICO gives basically all the different models for FICO.

From their site:

The Equifax® Credit Score is based on the Equifax Credit Score model. Third parties use many different types of credit scores and will not use the Equifax Credit Score to assess your creditworthiness.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.