Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over the limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

over the limit

hi all,

I was recently removed as an authorized user from a family members cap one card. Right before i was removed though the card was reporting as being over the limit. Should i dispute it and have it removed from my report or just leave it? The card had been reporting for 11 months with no missed payments.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: over the limit

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all,

I was recently removed as an authorized user from a family members cap one card. Right before i was removed though the card was reporting as being over the limit. Should i dispute it and have it removed from my report or just leave it? The card had been reporting for 11 months with no missed payments.

You can wait and it might be removed from your report automatically, but if you wait you also might end up having to dispute it anyway... because of this many people will simply dispute it right away. 

FWIW in the past when I've disputed AU accounts they've always been deleted quickly with no drama.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.