Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ancient" card still showing..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Ancient" card still showing..

Opened a Synch/Lowes card way back in Feb "03.  Limit was only $300 and was useless for what I was planning to do so I ended up closing it immediately. Not alot of CR info available back then (not like today) so didn't give it another thought.  Now this card is still showing on EQ and EX as closed. We're talking 16+ years later.  Probably because it reported to EQ and EX in Oct '15 for some reason, out of the blue, a green month in the middle of many, many blanks.

Should I do anything with this or just leave it? Don't know that it's really helping or hurting in any way. Not contributing to AAoA etc.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Ancient" card still showing..

See what others say, seems like it would make a great contribution to AAoA going back to 2003?!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be great but it's not being calculated into AAoa...
Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which CMS are you using to determine your AAoA? 

Message 4 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

I have the same thing - a card from '96 that was closed in '08 with an "update" in 2015.
I hope it stays forever, haha.

And mine is absolutely being factored into AAoA/AoOA.   

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 9
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you believe this to be the case?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Apparently a technical issue on my end somewhere. After seeing responses saying that it should be counting toward my AAoA, I logged out of everything and shut everything down. It occurred to me that i hadn't done it in quite a while. Started things back up and its now calculating it on EX and EQ. Went from 2y5m to 4+y. (CSP not reporting yet) Not sure what was going on.

Only unfortunate part is that it apparently never reported to TU, which is where I'm expecting my next HP to come from. Oh well.

Thanks all!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether or not a CMS is "calculating" an account into AAoA isn't relevant.  The only thing that's relevant is if the account is on your [real] credit report.  If it is, it's being counted in AAoA and it's as simple as that. 

Message 8 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whether or not a CMS is "calculating" an account into AAoA isn't relevant.  The only thing that's relevant is if the account is on your [real] credit report.  If it is, it's being counted in AAoA and it's as simple as that. 

Agreed. If you were to pull your true reports fro the CRA themselves...TU, EQ, and EXP, and that account is still there, its being factored in still. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.