Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-open chase

tag
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

re-open chase

Has anybody tried to re-open an old account with chase?  If so, what were the results?  I had a card with them that I had with perfect payment history, and was stupid  enough to close it, because the interest rate was higher than I had wanted.  Of course that was before I knew that you needed to leave cards open to increase your credit score!!!!!  Anyway, just wanted to know if it's easier to re-open an old account, since you have payment history with them, rather than try for other cards, that you have never had?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: re-open chase

@sunnyday wrote:
Has anybody tried to re-open an old account with chase? If so, what were the results? I had a card with them that I had with perfect payment history, and was stupid enough to close it, because the interest rate was higher than I had wanted. Of course that was before I knew that you needed to leave cards open to increase your credit score!!!!! Anyway, just wanted to know if it's easier to re-open an old account, since you have payment history with them, rather than try for other cards, that you have never had?

Every CCC has their own policy, but a major factor usually is time. If it's only been a month since you closed the account, you have a much better chance than if it's been a year. All you can do is call and ask.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.