Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the dark side"

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

the dark side"

i was wondering, why do some posters refer to credit boards aka CB as "the dark side" and myfico as "the good guys"? i noticed recently on a post i made pertaining to that site, that it had been edited to "the dark side".  i'm just curious, because when i initially found this site, some posters were referring me or others in their posts to that site, because it contained some good advice or info.  i hope this isn't prohibitted material. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: the dark side"

Credit Repair

FICO Forums is intended to provide helpful and useful tips for managing credit and understanding FICO scoring.  This is not the place to exchange “credit repair” advice that encourages consumers to provide untrue or misleading information to a credit bureau or lender for the purpose of raising FICO scores or otherwise improving credit ratings, credit histories or credit records. Such material may be edited or removed, and egregious or repeat offenders will be banned from future participation in FICO Forums.

…and our Terms of Service that say this about recommending other sites that promote credit repair:

This site is a commercial site, and would not like it if we suggested anything illegal

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
treschic
Frequent Contributor

so,you're saying that CB is considered a credit repair site?
edit, just saw your last message.  thanks for the clarification.

Message Edited by angiepharm on 03-31-2008 01:22 PM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

angiepharm wrote:
so,you're saying that CB is considered a credit repair site?
edit, just saw your last message.  thanks for the clarification.

This is interesting as I don't see where they are too different from this site in terms of its purpose.  I haven't seen where they are advocates of credit repair either.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it has to do with the types of advertisers they cater to on the site.
Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

The dark side...LOL!Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i float between the two sites and i don't feel unwelcome at either.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.