cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do I have to pay MyFICO every time I want an update?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

why do I have to pay MyFICO every time I want an update?????

I thought I was signing up for updates with this monthly fee for 3 reports/scores. Nothing updates unless I pay again! Even with the  30% discount that seems like scam. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: why do I have to pay MyFICO every time I want an update?????

Yes. You need to wait for the updates. They are triggered by credit alert activities (such as balance changes, stuff added to your report etc). When you pay, you get a snapshot at that time. However, a credit trigger may not have produced something yet to update the monitoring service. In the product forum, there is an FAQ, and several threads, that explain all this.

You can cancel, and just buy the reports every three months, and use the free sites for alerts. It's up to you. I use the original EQ score watch.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

It's a scam one way or the other. Paying for a number on a screen is ridiculous in my books. You can pull your reports for free at creditkarma and all the other free monitoring services. Not to mention the free annual report everyone gets.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately you also dont get a update if something deletes. I am working on my credit so I am trying to get everything deleted that I can so when I learned that, it was a big let down for me. The only time u get a update is balance change, new collecetion, new account, and inquiry and once u get one of them ur score will update with the deletions but u dont get a update for just the deletions which is what I care most about.
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kostyan1992 wrote:

It's a scam

You don't seem to understand what the word means.  You may not see value in it but that doesn't make it a scam.  myFICO is completely upfront about what they charge and what they offer.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.