Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 4 in underwriting and I have heard nothing

tag
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Day 4 in underwriting and I have heard nothing

I have been really trying to stay positive and remain patient but this waiting and not hear NOTHING is for the birds. I just needed to vent that's all.

Interestingly enough my LO have kept the builder updated because she told us Tuesday that our LO told her that we should close by 18th. That's tomorrow!!!!! We haven't came out of initial approval yet. The appraisal has been done but we know nothing about that either. Go figure!
Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92
martinwes
Established Member

Re: Day 4 in underwriting and I have heard nothing

We have been in underwriting 2 days and our contract is set to close tomorrow. Sort of same boat. LO said that we are supposed to get results back today though. 

OUr issue was my wife had a mortgage with her ex-bf that the ex-bf has been strictly paying on for the last 7 years and we have had to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that we were not paying on it. Took about 10 days to get the bank to get us those docs. 

Fingers crossed and prayers said. 

Message 2 of 93
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

My LO told me 5pm yesterday. Believe you me I had an email out at 501. What is your LO telling you? 

Message 3 of 93
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Well, I just got off the phone with him. He sounds like a frog (he's sick) and I feel bad but I really could not take it anymore; I needed to know something. He looked while we were on the phone and said that it is literally being underwritten as we speak. He saw some conditions but reassured me that it should be much of a deal. He stated that the processor is pretty thorough and that many loans come back with conditions. The processor will be out tomorrow but he said he felt comfortable reviewing the file and letting me know what those conditions are. He also said that he would contact me via email regarding the file before he leaves the office. I feel better knowing something, anything!

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 4 of 93
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

martinwes- hang in there! According to our contract we are closing 7/28 but it could be sooner. I hope it's sooner.

Laura1369- I hear ya and we are trucking this path together Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 93
Chbraswell
Regular Contributor

Same here! in u/w day four with a closing date of 7/30.  13 more days!!! be strong you guys! lol

Beginning:Explus 630 eq 573 tu 593
Current: EXplus:677 Eq 642 TU 727
Goal: Explus 700 eq 700 tu 800

Merrick: 1550 Capital One:1150 Barclay: 2000 Walmart: 300 Chase Freedom: 500
Message 6 of 93
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Today is day four waiting for clear to close ... so you are not alone. Turnaround times with lenders are just atrocious these days.

Hey lenders in this forum ... can you share some insight on these crazy turnaround times?

Message 7 of 93
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

ezdriver, I have just accepted that I won't know nothing until next week because my LO is sick and the Processor will be out tomorrow. SMH I'm just gonna remain positive and continue to pack and clean Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 93
jbrv
Established Member

Same boat here!  Day 4 of underwriting today and radio silence!  It's very hard to wait.  I have however heard that "no news is good news" when it comes to these sorts of things, so I try to take comfort in that.

Message 9 of 93
martinwes
Established Member

So we were supposed to hear back today and the LO just replied back with we are #10 in line and they have 11 underwriters. So I'm left with when does someone actually see this thing?

On a side note, we had 99.5% of all documentation to the mortgage company 10 days ago but the .5% was not faxed to us until 3 days ago. I wish they could have submitted everything 10 days ago and just put a clause in there or something. 

Message 10 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.