Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so depressed

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm so depressed

If you make 140K during the pandemic you probably have options in different areas and other states.  

Market is stupid hot not just in rentals but in employment... don't know what your situation is but as Shane suggested 3-6 months and go: seriously in most places at 140K a year even with dumb withholding that's not that much to come up with and I'm used to expensive places to live like Los Angeles.

Ultimately you have a much higher than average income and yet you suggest you live in nobody's idea of a good neighborhood: this doesn't make a whole lot of sense on the surface frankly.   There are nice yet inexpensive places all over the country, life's too short to live somewhere you don't want to be if there are other options and it's a long way from 140K to no recourse, even 80K/year somewhere in middle America is a decent home in a decent neighborhood or better; expand your horizons and you expand your options in this case but do yourself a favor and figure out where all the money is going: budgeting exercises are never wasted.

        
Message 11 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Thread locked and under moderator review.

--UB

Message 12 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I've pulled a couple of posts that touched on the Five Things We Don't Talk About, and I'm opening the thread again for new replies. 

Please be mindful of these guidelines!

--UB

Message 13 of 14
Anit-Credit

Long story short, we were living in a potential investment property, fixing it up but the deal fell through. We are now preparing to move.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.