Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Experian & Trying to Remove Disputes

tag
yellowbird73
New Visitor

Issues with Experian & Trying to Remove Disputes

After spending 2+ hours trying to get a human being on the phone with Experian today, I was finally able to talk to someone about getting them to remove all of my disputes (I had quite a few since I'd disputed 18 student loans that were reported past due when they were in deferment). 

Instead of removing them, the rep opened up new disputes (which I found out when I got the email confirmation she promised). I called back & the new rep told me not to worry, it was just a glitch in the system and I'd get another email when the disputes were resolved. 

Well, I did get that email – except the "resolution" was that the second set of disputes were determined to be invalid so everything is staying as is. Nothing has been removed. (And it's too late to call back tonight.)

How the heck do I get these disputes off of my credit report? What do I say when I call back tomorrow? 

1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Issues with Experian & Trying to Remove Disputes

I tell them "I am qualifying for a mortgage and need all dispute comments removed from my credit report.  I am stopping all disputes."   They should be removed within 1-3 days.

The numbers I have are:

Equifax - (866) 349-5191

Experian - (888) 397-3742

TransUnion - (800) 916-8800

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-... is a previous post I made about removing disputes, the phone #'s listed in it are outdated but the information still stands.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Mortgage Loan Officer located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.