cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Mortgages - will it help or hurt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Mortgages - will it help or hurt?

I have my main home mortgage which is held by a major bank and IS being reported to the 3 bureaus. I also have bought 3 Rental properties and all 3 mortgages are through a Credit Union. the Credit Union does not seem to report, as none of these are showing on my Credit Report, even after several years.

I have a credit score between 700-720, with no late payments, no negative items, many accounts paid in full including prior mortgages and car loans, and a lengthy credit history. It appears the only thing holding me back is that I have over-utilized my credit, or have a few cards and accounts that I am carrying  a 60-80% balance on.

My question is this....... Would it help my score or hurt my score if I had the 3 mortgages from the Credit Union being reported. This would give me a total of 4 mortgages, all having on time payments and several years of history, but it would also increase my debt????

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Multiple Mortgages - will it help or hurt?

Leave it alone.

You would be better off paying down the revolving debt, that is where you see score jumps if that is your goal.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Multiple Mortgages - will it help or hurt?

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Leave it alone.

You would be better off paying down the revolving debt, that is where you see score jumps if that is your goal.

Also my opinion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.