Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Values

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Property Values

I am not surprised.  My home was appraised at $300K a year ago, I just did a short sale for $160K.  They said it was because 90 Percent of the homes in our area were foreclosed or short sale already.

Message 11 of 12
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Property Values

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not surprised.  My home was appraised at $300K a year ago, I just did a short sale for $160K.  They said it was because 90 Percent of the homes in our area were foreclosed or short sale already.

Exactly the same situation for me. While my valuation for PROPERTY TAXES doesn't include foreclosures (making it higher and increasing my taxes), a valuation done to procure a home equity loan DOES include foreclosures (making it so dismally low that after the shock wore off, I sat and cried for an hour).

Most of the properties selling in my zip code are forclosures or short sales, plus I live in an area of larger homes: I only have three bedrooms and most others here have at least four, with most having 6.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.