Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid Rescore QUESTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rapid Rescore QUESTION

I am trying to get a rapid rescore done and came across a Credit Repair place that claims to do rapid rescores. They told me that if I get a rapid rescore done through my mortgage lender or from anyone in the mortgage industry setup to do rapid rescores, all that would be done is adding a supplement to my credit report which will show the updated balances only on their printout of a tri-merge report. They said if I pulled my credit on a monitoring site or if any other lender looked at my credit, my old balances would still show.

Is this correct? Seems like it isn't from what I have read on here and might just be their marketing BS. 

Any insight would be MUCH apprecaited!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Rapid Rescore QUESTION

When my LO was doing rapid rescores I could not see any of the changes on any monitoring site.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to get a rapid rescore done and came across a Credit Repair place that claims to do rapid rescores. They told me that if I get a rapid rescore done through my mortgage lender or from anyone in the mortgage industry setup to do rapid rescores, all that would be done is adding a supplement to my credit report which will show the updated balances only on their printout of a tri-merge report. They said if I pulled my credit on a monitoring site or if any other lender looked at my credit, my old balances would still show.

Is this correct? Seems like it isn't from what I have read on here and might just be their marketing BS. 

@Anonymous's their marketing BS & a flat out lie. We can do either a rapid re-score or a credit supplement depending on what the situation requires. When we do a rapid rescore the information is updated @ the credit bureau level. Once it's updated we pull a brand new report which generates new scores. When we do a credit supplement, whatever information we need updated is just added to the existing credit report.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VALoanMaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous's their marketing BS & a flat out lie. We can do either a rapid re-score or a credit supplement depending on what the situation requires. When we do a rapid rescore the information is updated @ the credit bureau level. Once it's updated we pull a brand new report which generates new scores. When we do a credit supplement, whatever information we need updated is just added to the existing credit report.

Thank you for the input and detailed information. He told me that mortgage brokers cannot do "real" rapid rescores and only do a credit supplement. I double checked with him if all they were doing is submitting disputes to each lender and he said no, however a client of his that I know mentioned to me that during the process some accounts did say a dispute was opened. He said this is standard protocol from the credit bureaus. 

How long do your rescores normally take and are they always successful? This guy seems to be promising a lot but I'm having trouble finding proof he delivers.

If you don't mind, I am going to send you a PM. Again, thank you!

Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I would stay away from that Credit Repair place just based on the info you posted.  

The place to get your rapid rescore done is the mortgage lender that is processing your loan.  They aren't going to accept some score from another vendor during the mortgage process anyway.  I think VALoanMaster said it best.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.