Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Tax Lien question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Tax Lien question

Will a state tax lien prevent my scores from being high enough to get a mortage? My fico 8 scores 630 mid My 5 4 2 scores are 573 mid. I have 2 lates that are older than 12 months but not older than 24 months. Besides the state tax lien theres nothing else.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State Tax Lien question

What type of loan are you going for??
Message 2 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

All depends how old the tax lien is.

For reference mid 2015, I had a 30/60 day late and a tax lien and a collection all from late 2010 and managed to get a mid-score of 720 so scorewise the lien doesn't prevent your getting a mortgage.  I had 3.5ish years of positive history by that point and a highly optimized file, but it can be done.

Generally liens do need to be paid as I understand it, or the lien willpossibly attach to the house, which lenders hate.

        
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Government backed loans need a clear caivrs and if you have a tax lien then it will show up on caivrs, at least a federal will not sure about state.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay its paid in a released state. But just wanted to know if I needed continue to work to remove it?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure yet most likely a FHA loan

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.