cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to increase my Mortgage Fico score?

tag
lily53
New Visitor

Steps to increase my Mortgage Fico score?

Here is my situation - We will be refinancing in the next few months and I have been paying down credit to increase my Mortgage Fico score and it is not moving.  I'm not sure if I need to completely pay off a few of my smaller debts so I don't have as many open or pay down some of my higher utilized cards.  I don't have enough money to do both.  This is what I have

7 open credit cards with balances

4 cards under 30% util

2 cards under 59%

1 card at 63%

I also have a charged off Barclay account that is 6 years old and shows a balance.  I'm sure I could negotiate a settlement to clear up the balance reporting, but not sure if that is my problem.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Steps to increase my Mortgage Fico score?

My mortgage score jumped the highest around 48 pts once I had my last collection drop from my bureaus. 

Does Barclays still have the account or have they sold it to a collection agency? The best is always trying for a pay for delete, get the agreement in written form. Some collection agencies will not go this route, some will. This will make a great impact. 

I've googled Barclays and get hits about Midland being the one taking over, if that is the case, there is some forum topics here where others had success with Midland over the Barclays account. 

Is it possible to min. get the two highest utilization cards to under 48.9%? ( A threshold of some score bump)The greater the better, but I do not know the disposable income that you can possibily handle at this time. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.