Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams Sonoma switching to Cap1 - buying a house

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Williams Sonoma switching to Cap1 - buying a house

I just got the letter that Williams Sonoma (I have the store card) will be switching from Comenity to Capital One. I'm freaking out as I'll be literally going through underwriting at the time of this switch. Will I literally have an account close and a new one open? What happens to the positive history? Will it hurt my credit score? I will be devastated if this kills my loan!! Any advice or experience? 

2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Williams Sonoma switching to Cap1 - buying a house

It really depends on how cap1 handles it. You may want to look up some of the Walmart threads when cap1 took over to get an idea. When comenity took the PlayStation card from cap1, I did receive a hard pull, but everything transitioned in such a way that I only have 1 reported account for that card.

Message 2 of 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Williams Sonoma switching to Cap1 - buying a house

Shouldn't be an issue see Credit in the News portion of the forum.  Account history should transfer over based on Walmart card and Cap1 as a recent DP.  No HP should incur or the likes.  I was going to close my WS 25k Visa as wasn't alot of credit to me, but found out from others history transfers so "shouldn't" be a new account.  If it happens to be one can easily be explaing by a LOE as it isn't a new account if they ask or complain about it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.