cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lets put some fun back into home buying!!!!

tag
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

lets put some fun back into home buying!!!!

buying a home is no doubt very stressful. we get caught up in all the documentation and processes that we forget about all the reasons why we wanted to purchase in the first place. so i just wanted to remind myself and others that this is suppose to be a fun and exciting time in our lives. we're buying houses!

so let's have a little fun and relieve some stress at the same time...what is going to be the first thing you do when you move into your new home?

my 4 yr old is quite the artist! i have had to paint numerous walls (in rentals) because he likes to draw gigantic pics on the walls.so i'm going to get some chalkboard paint and paint one entire wall in his room so he can draw on the wall! Smiley LOL

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: lets put some fun back into home buying!!!!

@sewmuchdebt wrote:

buying a home is no doubt very stressful. we get caught up in all the documentation and processes that we forget about all the reasons why we wanted to purchase in the first place. so i just wanted to remind myself and others that this is suppose to be a fun and exciting time in our lives. we're buying houses!

so let's have a little fun and relieve some stress at the same time...what is going to be the first thing you do when you move into your new home?

my 4 yr old is quite the artist! i have had to paint numerous walls (in rentals) because he likes to draw gigantic pics on the walls.so i'm going to get some chalkboard paint and paint one entire wall in his room so he can draw on the wall! Smiley LOL

I have the same issue... I like your idea!!!
Message 2 of 36
pengy_wi
New Contributor

I'm going to plant stuff. I loved gardening when I had a house before (it was exhusband's house) and I miss it so much!

Message 3 of 36
CopperHD
New Contributor

purchase and install ceiling fans, a garage door opener, and order my window treatments because i think it's silly to finance something like that for 30 years on a new build.  Besides i can get better quality for a better price at lowes.  

Current Scores EQ (697) Tu (740) EX (705) Amex pull
Current Cards- Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex Zync (NPSL), Amex Hilton Honors Surpass ($3000), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($12,000), Citi Simplicity ($10,900), Southwest Visa Signature ($10,500), Discover It ($4250), FNBO Amex ($4,000), First National Credit Card ($2000), Capital One Platinum ($2500 and $1750), Lowes ($6000) , Walmart Discover ($6000).
Message 4 of 36
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Agree on the gardening!! I can't wait!

And thank you for reminding me why this stress is so worth it!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Message 5 of 36
ReBuild-OH17
New Contributor

I plan to teach my girls how to slide down the steps on a peice of card board! Smiley Happy

Adult plans: take up old carpet upstairs and take the hideous wall paper from the 1970s off the wall and paint! lol

Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a geothermal heating and cooling unit installed then buy my very first dog.

TBC

Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh almost forgot dig a bunch of holes in my yard, why you may ask BECAUSE I CAN lol

'

TBC

Message 8 of 36
nvrgiveup08
Contributor

I am going to let my girls pick the wall colors for their rooms and let my husband decorate the garage!!!!! LOL..... I like the chalkboard paint idea

No place to go but UP

EQ 632
EX 648
TU 648
Message 9 of 36
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

lol TBC

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.