Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

401K and Cares Act

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

401K and Cares Act

I know taking out of a 401k for any reason is not the smartest idea.  However, i'm trying to consider all options for my circumstances.

In the summer I took out 10 grand from my 401k.   With things the way they are, i'm planning to not have to take anymore out.  However, I want to have contingencies lined up in case i need it.

That said, I don't see anything in the language about multiple COVID-related 401k withdrawals.  All I see is up to $100 grand.  I'm not going anywhere near that...if anything I would take out another couple thousand if needed.  Just for peace of mind, is that allowed under the act?  I googled around couldn't find anythign about it anywhere.

I did the withdrawal thing through Fidelity and it never said anything...I got to the final submit screen and didn't submit, and didn't intend to at that time.  Still, just want to prepare for all possibilities 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: 401K and Cares Act

Every institution will be different. My 401k only allowed 2 distributions for 50k max. Send an inquiry to Fidelity via your account and ask them. 

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.