Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Savings Denial

tag
Clegga
Valued Member

DCU Savings Denial

I applied for DCU's primary savings account that gives you 6.17% interest on $1000, but I was denied because of my Chexsystem profile. I requested my credit report from Chex, but I don't know why I was denied yet. Is it possible to call DCU and get an appeal like a credit card recon line?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: DCU Savings Denial

@Clegga wrote:

I applied for DCU's primary savings account that gives you 6.17% interest on $1000, but I was denied because of my Chexsystem profile. I requested my credit report from Chex, but I don't know why I was denied yet. Is it possible to call DCU and get an appeal like a credit card recon line?

@Clegga, Sorry you were deniedSmiley Sad

Probably cannot recon a Chexsystem denial.

Message 2 of 37
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Clegga wrote:

Have you opened other checking accounts recently?

If yes, perhaps it would be wise to spread out your membership applications with CUs every 3 or so months.

If no, wait until you get your ChexSystems report to view if you have any derogatory listed.

Message 3 of 37
Clegga
Valued Member

Yeah, I did open another checking account recently, with Ally bank. It didn't occur to me that it would result in me not being able to open a savings account. I'll wait 3 months and try again. Smiley Sad

Thanks for the advice.

Message 4 of 37
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Find out what is in your Chexsystem profile. It could be small fee on some old bank. Take care of it, see if you can get a satisfaction letter from them and then take it to DCU. Within 30 days they can use the same HP.

I went to the branch to open DCU account and rep was able to give me all the info about Chexsystem.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 37
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Sometimes with CUs its not anything bad on Chexsystems.. its just the fact you apped for another account recently....

Yes.. some CUs dont like opening accounts if you opened one too soon before theirs... even if you do not have anything "bad" on Chex...

-J

Message 6 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Sometimes with CUs its not anything bad on Chexsystems.. its just the fact you apped for another account recently....

Yes.. some CUs dont like opening accounts if you opened one too soon before theirs... even if you do not have anything "bad" on Chex...

-J

This exactly ^^^^^^^^^^

Message 7 of 37
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

-J

This exactly ^^^^^^^^^^

Hope thats not the case with OP. That would have really made me mad! Its too bad, becuase DCU is a good CU 🤔

Message 8 of 37
Clegga
Valued Member

I'm fairly certain it's just that I applied for a checking account recently, not that I have anything bad on there. Unless there's some kind of fraud going on, which I doubt.

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

-J

This exactly ^^^^^^^^^^

^^ I got denied by them for this very reason my first time around.  Waited a couple months and np.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.