cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Loans = Financial Review?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted

AMEX Loans = Financial Review?

Hi everyone,

I'm another new first time poster and lurker here. Firstly, thank you to everyone here for providing such invaluable information and endless positive vibes. I hope all my soon-to-be posted data points will help out the community. Onto my question!

Do Amex loans (Business and Personal) add to the posibility of being financially reviewed? I currently have two credit cards with AMEX with a combined CL of $26.5k that I use and pay in full almost every month. So, if I apply for a AMEX loan and am approved for something in the neighborhood of $30k, will I be hit with an FR? Thanks!

Some AMEX stats: Member since '06. Both my cards are business cards. Currently rockin' 760-ish EX.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: AMEX Loans = Financial Review?

@TheRoyalTartToter wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm another new first time poster and lurker here. Firstly, thank you to everyone here for providing such invaluable information and endless positive vibes. I hope all my soon-to-be posted data points will help out the community. Onto my question!

Do Amex loans (Business and Personal) add to the posibility of being financially reviewed? I currently have two credit cards with AMEX with a combined CL of $26.5k that I use and pay in full almost every month. So, if I apply for a AMEX loan and am approved for something in the neighborhood of $30k, will I be hit with an FR? Thanks!

Some AMEX stats: Member since '06. Both my cards are business cards. Currently rockin' 760-ish EX.

We've yet to hear of anybody getting a FR due to taking out an installment loan with Amex - not even one.

Due to various reports it's thought that loans are treated similarly to cards, so it would follow that chances of a FR with an installment loan would be no greater than taking on a new card (and possibly even less).

In addition, the feedback we've had regarding the loan process has been generally positive, including my own. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: AMEX Loans = Financial Review?

Thank you for the information. I'll be dropping an update soon.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.