Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Personal Loan Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Personal Loan Approved

Congrats OP! I too was approved for an Amex loan a couple days ago. I am surprised at how easy and quick that was. I felt the APR was high, but lower than what I was paying off and now consolidated, so I feel it’s a win for me. My only concern is how this will affect my exposure with them. If I wanted to get a CLI or app for another card, would the personal loan count towards the 25,000? I don’t want to risk a FR or anything. For the record my loan is for 7000 and I have a green card with them as well as an Everyday card with 6000 limit. Thanks guys!
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Does Amex report the loan monthly to credit agency? It doesn't say on General Questions but it says that if only we are late they will report it. 

Message 22 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, 

Does Amex report the loan monthly to credit agency? It doesn't say on General Questions but it says that if only we are late they will report it. 

Yes, it reports to all three.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have four revolvers and a personal loan with Amex.  When I applied another revolver a couple of months ago, I got a call from Amex.  Apparently personal loan is counted as one revolving account.  I had to close one to get new revolving card.

Message 24 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have four revolvers and a personal loan with Amex.  When I applied another revolver a couple of months ago, I got a call from Amex.  Apparently personal loan is counted as one revolving account.  I had to close one to get new revolving card.

Very interesting... I had wondered about that, since the account number looks (and is formatted) like one of their card account numbers.

Thanks for sharing!  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.