Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Savings Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Savings Account

Little did I know that AMEX had a High Yield Savings Account, no minimum due to open or no monthly fees?? Thoughts on this??
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Savings Account

I use it. I love it! Every two weeks I make an online transfer from my checking account to the Amex savings account. It keeps growing and growing. They keep raising the interest rate which is great. It is still low compared to historic standards, but I am glad the balance keeps growing with interest and it is easy to maintain. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 2 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Amex stays very competitive on rates, when I logged in today to retrieve my monthly statement I saw that as of June 22 they've raised the rate to 1.75%.

There are other limited savings accounts:

DCU credit union pays 5.12% on savings up to $1k, I have that maxed out.

Premier Members credit union pays 4% on a money market account up to $2k, I have that maxed out.

The rest of my savings is primarily with Amex.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex going from 1.45% to 1.75% in 3 months is impressive! not the highest out there but moving on up!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Amex stays very competitive on rates, when I logged in today to retrieve my monthly statement I saw that as of June 22 they've raised the rate to 1.75%.

Premier Members credit union pays 4% on a money market account up to $2k, I have that maxed out.

For DCU, that's $51.20 in earned interest. Is that added each month or just at year's end?

Message 5 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

For DCU, that's $51.20 in earned interest. Is that added each month or just at year's end?

Interest is paid monthly at end of month statement. Which is handy, as when the interest puts me over $1k I transfer the surplus to my checking account.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just opened a savings account with AMEX, I love it so much! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Do they HP? Chase always wants a HP for an account. SMH.
Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 8 of 14
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

No HP to open a saving account.

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 9 of 14
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

No HP to open a saving account.

Opened it up just now. 

TY! 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.