cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody tried future.green rewards card?

tag
batsy71
Regular Contributor

Anybody tried future.green rewards card?

Today on reddit i came across new credit card: https://www.future.green/

It has some interesting reward categories:

> Spending with a lower carbon footprint. Enjoy 5% cashback on public transport, electric charging, bikes & scooters, secondhand clothes & furniture and plant-based meat, dairy and eggs. See examples here.

There’s no credit pull when you apply for FutureCard and we don’t need to know your credit score or credit history. We want to give everyone access to FutureCard, so we just ask that you link your bank account at sign-up.

Has anybody tried this card?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anybody tried future.green rewards card?

I heard about it not long ago, but I personally don't have it. Then again, some folks may be apprehensive about linking bank accounts with an issuer, but there are plenty others that don't mind at all (e.g. X1).

It is issued by First Electronic Bank, same financial entity that backs the Cardless products + other FinTechs.

ETA - it appears, based on a couple recent articles (including this one) "It’s also not a credit card but a rewards card: you link it to your bank account and the money gets taken out within a few days of the purchase. (Like other cards out there, FutureCard receives fees from the merchants it works with; in this case, they’re set by Visa.)"

@batsy71- I went ahead and edited the title of the thread and moved this to the Personal Finance section of the forums instead.

Message 2 of 3
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody tried future.green rewards card?

To be honest, this isn't a credit card, it's a charge card, like American Express, where pay the bill in full, but it looks like they edit the funds directly out of checking account. It looks like they are treating like a credit card instead of a debit card to get the higher swipe fees to compensate for the rewards. 

I think I'll pas on this one.  

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.