Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used Move CU ?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Anyone used Move CU ?

Because they claim to do both Auto Loan refinance and Credit cards. 

I wasn't quite sure where to place this question.

The name of the company is Move CU. I have no affliation or horse in the race. Just curious if anyone had used them to find their loan or CCs?

They do all the leg work for prequals with Credit Unions. Seems like a cool concept.

Here's the site https://movecu.com/

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone used Move CU ?

Hey GSmiley Happy. Im suprised you dont GP for everyone hereSmiley Wink  your profile is so rock steady pretty sure you'd get a preapproval somewhere and find another gem😄

Message 2 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Lol! @AverageJoesCredit 

Good to see you around AJC!

I've considered playing around with it. 

Really curious if anyone else had given them a try in the forums.

Your profile is rock steady as well.

Let's try it together J! 😁

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Lol! @AverageJoesCredit 

Good to see you around AJC!

I've considered playing around with it. 

Really curious if anyone else had given them a try in the forums.

Your profile is rock steady as well.

Let's try it together J! 😁

Lol, thanks G, holding in there.  im tempted but ive been getting my butt kicked on CU rejections as of late . I dont think i could handle another rejection lol. Curious if one needs unlocked bureaus to mess around haha. My guess it would find a preapproval but once you land on the CU who offers it  someone is bound to to come up against a geo excuse or Chex problem lol. Interesting thread though Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit 

MoveCU claims to use a search engine that only syncs your apps/ profile to CUs that you qualify to join.

Being a SP, you'd still need to unlock the CBs in order to use them.

Glad to see you're doing well my friend!🙂

Maybe we can talk @M_Smart007  into trying it. 😁

Message 5 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

One question is how good is the eligibility check (and how many CUs do they have data for!).   So MyFico's fave, AOD.   On paper, it's clear that this CU has a very small eligibility pool, and most people outside NE AL wouldn't qualify.   But as we know, an interest in, e.g. mountain biking, can help.

Now if it has this level of detail for lots of CUs, that would be great!

Message 6 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

One question is how good is the eligibility check (and how many CUs do they have data for!).   So MyFico's fave, AOD.   On paper, it's clear that this CU has a very small eligibility pool, and most people outside NE AL wouldn't qualify.   But as we know, an interest in, e.g. mountain biking, can help.

Now if it has this level of detail for lots of CUs, that would be great!

I'm thinking the same @longtimelurker .

Now, if we can get you to guinea pig it for us. That would be terrific.😁

I'm hoping, being one of those Fintech companies, that their software is up to the task, but who knows?🤷

AOD doesn't quite make my top favorite list. They have some work to do in the customer service dept.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds interesting. They go a step further than Credit Union Match by actually prequalifying you. Credit Union Match just asks you a bunch of questions to narrow down CUs you would be eligible for and then sends your info to them if you are interested in joining. 

Message 8 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Interior Federal Credit Union out of Washington DC pops up for me. When I go through the prequals.

Gives some decent rates on auto refinance. The credit card rates are also good, though the SLs are pretty dismal.😆

Message 9 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Email this morning states the prequals last for two weeks.Screenshot_20210412-091402.jpg

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.