Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU CC Auto-payment Methods - NO External Accounts allowed

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

BECU CC Auto-payment Methods - NO External Accounts allowed

BECU myFICO Family,

Can someone confirm you cannot setup a Credit Card auto-pay from an external account? I'm reading that auto-pay must be setup with either a BECU Checking, Savings, or Money Market account ONLY! You can setup a one-time payment using an external account but not a recurring payment. This is the only thing keeping me from applying because I bank with NFCU as my primary.

Also, if the above is the case I posted a "Share Idea" to the BECU Mix forums to request this be changed - https://ideaexchange.becu.org/t5/Share-An-Idea/Credit-Card-Auto-Payment-via-external-accounts/idi-p/...

Kudos on BECU Mix would help make this happen!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gollum
Established Contributor

Re: BECU CC Auto-payment Methods - NO External Accounts allowed

@TheFIGuy wrote:

BECU myFICO Family,

Can someone confirm you cannot setup a Credit Card auto-pay from an external account? I'm reading that auto-pay must be setup with either a BECU Checking, Savings, or Money Market account ONLY! You can setup a one-time payment using an external account but not a recurring payment. This is the only thing keeping me from applying because I bank with NFCU as my primary.

Also, if the above is the case I posted a "Share Idea" to the BECU Mix forums to request this be changed - https://ideaexchange.becu.org/t5/Share-An-Idea/Credit-Card-Auto-Payment-via-external-accounts/idi-p/...

No auto-pay from an external account. You could have gotten the same answer from BECU by asking BECU directly.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 2 of 6
Green456
Established Contributor

The only other way you could push payments is via external bank bill pay. This option only allows you to send specific amount at set intervals. So if you pay your $400 car lease on BECU card then you can push every 1st of the month $400 payment into BECU.
Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

BECU myFICO Family,

Since almost every other institution allows this, I expect they know about the possibility and have determined that they don't want to do it!

Looking at the response to another question (do their credit cards support ebill): they say it's not the best way for their cards, and you should pay it through their on-line banking (although they do support ebills for credit cards from other institutions!).   So I guess they think paying only from their bank account is the best way (for them)

Message 4 of 6
Green456
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

BECU myFICO Family,

Since almost every other institution allows this, I expect they know about the possibility and have determined that they don't want to do it!

Looking at the response to another question (do their credit cards support ebill): they say it's not the best way for their cards, and you should pay it through their on-line banking (although they do support ebills for credit cards from other institutions!).   So I guess they think paying only from their bank account is the best way (for them)

That is a good point. They are plenty big and have enough resources to implement this.

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

BECU myFICO Family,

Hrm.  Actually I can think of one or two others, I know First Tech absolutely does this, and some other one of my CU's that I stumbled over had similar but can't really remember which one currently.

It's not that uncommon with CU's in my experience anyway, though I agree it's annoying AF and should be done away with.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.