cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period

credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period

First off I just want to say to the moderators please feel free to move this thread if you must. Wasn't quite sure where to place it so starting here. 😆

 

I have been working very hard over last 6-7 months trying to position myself to snag the premium rewards card from BOA.

 

Started out around July making healthy deposits into both my checking/savings accounts to get to the premium rewards status first. Then next year strike for the card. I know I remember getting an email from them giving me the opportunity to enroll in the program and once air meet the requirements they would notify me of the same.

 

So here we are in the month of December and I am getting a little impatient (as usual) 😀 trying to get an update.

 

So my question to the BOA gurus specifically @coldfusion when should I expect the premium rewards status to kick in? And where exactly on the webpage would I be able to check on this status?

 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores AUG 2021 (TU 770) (EQ 775) (EXP 762)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Garden Party Until July 2022….Chase 4/24
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period


@credit_endurance wrote:

First off I just want to say to the moderators please feel free to move this thread if you must. Wasn't quite sure where to place it so starting here. 😆

 

I have been working very hard over last 6-7 months trying to position myself to snag the premium rewards card from BOA.

 

Started out around July making healthy deposits into both my checking/savings accounts to get to the premium rewards status first. Then next year strike for the card. I know I remember getting an email from them giving me the opportunity to enroll in the program and once air meet the requirements they would notify me of the same.

 

So here we are in the month of December and I am getting a little impatient (as usual) 😀 trying to get an update.

 

So my question to the BOA gurus specifically @coldfusion when should I expect the premium rewards status to kick in? And where exactly on the webpage would I be able to check on this status?

 


You can see if you've reached Preferred Rewards status by logging in online and looking in the upper right corner of the splash page. 

 

image.png

 

What was the exact date when you first crossed the $20K threshold in total deposits/assets across BoA and/or Merrill accounts, and have you maintained at least $20K every day since then? 

 



(1/2022)
FICO 8 (EX) 807 (TU) 834 (EQ) 830
FICO 9 (EX) 834 (TU) 842 (EQ) 843

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period

I finished up my req


@coldfusion wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

First off I just want to say to the moderators please feel free to move this thread if you must. Wasn't quite sure where to place it so starting here. 😆

 

I have been working very hard over last 6-7 months trying to position myself to snag the premium rewards card from BOA.

 

Started out around July making healthy deposits into both my checking/savings accounts to get to the premium rewards status first. Then next year strike for the card. I know I remember getting an email from them giving me the opportunity to enroll in the program and once air meet the requirements they would notify me of the same.

 

So here we are in the month of December and I am getting a little impatient (as usual) 😀 trying to get an update.

 

So my question to the BOA gurus specifically @coldfusion when should I expect the premium rewards status to kick in? And where exactly on the webpage would I be able to check on this status?

 


You can see if you've reached Preferred Rewards status by logging in online and looking in the upper right corner of the splash page. 

 

image.png

 

What was the exact date when you first crossed the $20K threshold in total deposits/assets across BoA and/or Merrill accounts, and have you maintained at least $20K every day since then? 

 


I finished up my $20k Threshold on or around Aug 15 or so. And have maintained it for that point forward.

 

And thanks for the tip, I will check this out as soon as I get home and report back.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores AUG 2021 (TU 770) (EQ 775) (EXP 762)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Garden Party Until July 2022….Chase 4/24
Message 3 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period


@credit_endurance wrote:

I finished up my req


@coldfusion wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

First off I just want to say to the moderators please feel free to move this thread if you must. Wasn't quite sure where to place it so starting here. 😆

 

I have been working very hard over last 6-7 months trying to position myself to snag the premium rewards card from BOA.

 

Started out around July making healthy deposits into both my checking/savings accounts to get to the premium rewards status first. Then next year strike for the card. I know I remember getting an email from them giving me the opportunity to enroll in the program and once air meet the requirements they would notify me of the same.

 

So here we are in the month of December and I am getting a little impatient (as usual) 😀 trying to get an update.

 

So my question to the BOA gurus specifically @coldfusion when should I expect the premium rewards status to kick in? And where exactly on the webpage would I be able to check on this status?

 


You can see if you've reached Preferred Rewards status by logging in online and looking in the upper right corner of the splash page. 

 

image.png

 

What was the exact date when you first crossed the $20K threshold in total deposits/assets across BoA and/or Merrill accounts, and have you maintained at least $20K every day since then? 

 


I finished up my $20k Threshold on or around Aug 15 or so. And have maintained it for that point forward.

 

And thanks for the tip, I will check this out as soon as I get home and report back.


Which means you just reached your 3 month window.    They process newly qualified members on like the 1st or 2nd Tuesday of the month, I forget the exact timing. 

 

Go to this URL below then scroll toward the bottom and sign in to make sure you're enrolled. 

 

https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/faq/

 



(1/2022)
FICO 8 (EX) 807 (TU) 834 (EQ) 830
FICO 9 (EX) 834 (TU) 842 (EQ) 843

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period


@coldfusion wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

I finished up my req


@coldfusion wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

First off I just want to say to the moderators please feel free to move this thread if you must. Wasn't quite sure where to place it so starting here. 😆

 

I have been working very hard over last 6-7 months trying to position myself to snag the premium rewards card from BOA.

 

Started out around July making healthy deposits into both my checking/savings accounts to get to the premium rewards status first. Then next year strike for the card. I know I remember getting an email from them giving me the opportunity to enroll in the program and once air meet the requirements they would notify me of the same.

 

So here we are in the month of December and I am getting a little impatient (as usual) 😀 trying to get an update.

 

So my question to the BOA gurus specifically @coldfusion when should I expect the premium rewards status to kick in? And where exactly on the webpage would I be able to check on this status?

 


You can see if you've reached Preferred Rewards status by logging in online and looking in the upper right corner of the splash page. 

 

image.png

 

What was the exact date when you first crossed the $20K threshold in total deposits/assets across BoA and/or Merrill accounts, and have you maintained at least $20K every day since then? 

 


I finished up my $20k Threshold on or around Aug 15 or so. And have maintained it for that point forward.

 

And thanks for the tip, I will check this out as soon as I get home and report back.


Which means you just reached your 3 month window.    They process newly qualified members on like the 1st or 2nd Tuesday of the month, I forget the exact timing. 

 

Go to this URL below then scroll toward the bottom and sign in to make sure you're enrolled. 

 

https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/faq/

 


When I sign in to the link provided it gives me this message: 


You are making progress towards Preferred Rewards

 

My email is checked off to be notified when status is reached so maybe there is a lag behind. Or perhaps like you mentioned above they will get it done 2nd Tuesday which would be next week? 

 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores AUG 2021 (TU 770) (EQ 775) (EXP 762)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Garden Party Until July 2022….Chase 4/24
Message 5 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period

I would say give them a call, no need to sit on your hands and wait.   There was a specific day of the month that they processed newly qualified members through but I haven't thought about it in a while and don't remember all the details.



(1/2022)
FICO 8 (EX) 807 (TU) 834 (EQ) 830
FICO 9 (EX) 834 (TU) 842 (EQ) 843

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period


@coldfusion wrote:

I would say give them a call, no need to sit on your hands and wait.   There was a specific day of the month that they processed newly qualified members through but I haven't thought about it in a while and don't remember all the details.


Okay @coldfusion  I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get the full scoup and report back.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores AUG 2021 (TU 770) (EQ 775) (EXP 762)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Garden Party Until July 2022….Chase 4/24
Message 7 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period

Update: Just called the number for the program and mentioned to the rep of my account deposits getting me to the threshold in August. And she then went on to notate the same. Then immedietely enrolled me in the program no other questions asked. 

 

So now this puts me in at least a more favorable place to apply again for the PR Visa next year. Just now to debate on just how early that will be.Smiley Wink

 

Just looking over my accounts, I should be 6/12 by Jan 2021. Not including a couple PL's I have on report in which those should not count towards the supposed 7/12 rule? I am counting a line of credit towards the 6/12 which could very well count towards it.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores AUG 2021 (TU 770) (EQ 775) (EXP 762)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Garden Party Until July 2022….Chase 4/24
Message 8 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period

I"m glad you called.  Congrats!

 

The Premium Rewards is kind of a funny one because there doesn't appear to be a truly clear path to success when applying.   A lot of people with thick profiles and 800+ scores have been denied for the card (there have been trails of tears on FlyerTalk) and there are also a number of success stories from applicants with very good, yet thinner profiles with scores in the mid-700s. 

 

I would think that if your DTI and overall utilization were in good places any time after Jan 1 when your online session shows you're a Preferred member would be a good time to apply. 



(1/2022)
FICO 8 (EX) 807 (TU) 834 (EQ) 830
FICO 9 (EX) 834 (TU) 842 (EQ) 843

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Kick In Period


@coldfusion wrote:

I"m glad you called.  Congrats!

 

The Premium Rewards is kind of a funny one because there doesn't appear to be a truly clear path to success when applying.   A lot of people with thick profiles and 800+ scores have been denied for the card (there have been trails of tears on FlyerTalk) and there are also a number of success stories from applicants with very good, yet thinner profiles with scores in the mid-700s. 

 

I would think that if your DTI and overall utilization were in good places any time after Jan 1 when your online session shows you're a Preferred member would be a good time to apply. 


Thanks @coldfusion. That's such the mystery of this card. Lol I was denied a couple months ago for specifically the new recent accounts, even though I had substantial assets with them. Going to fine tune a couple of things on my DTI for this month just to play it safe. Let things reflect and might just give it a whirl next month. Keep you updated 😁 Thanks again! 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores AUG 2021 (TU 770) (EQ 775) (EXP 762)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Garden Party Until July 2022….Chase 4/24
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.