Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE BANK - Finally Got In :/

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

CHASE BANK - Finally Got In :/

Finally got a checking account with Chase Bank after years of being denied.  

Now I'll do a DD to checking and add about $25.00 bi-weekly to it for the 2019 year then see what happens with a CC app.

Scores by Spring 2020 should be around 677 or so if what I have projected and planned go correctly.

6 Tradelines (see below) and 1 Car loan.

No collections (by then anyway)

10-18 inquires will be about 18mo's old by then

(secured TL's should've all graduated by then with the exception of Citi should they want to run the entire 18mo's)

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE BANK - Finally Got In :/

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 8
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

Finally got a checking account with Chase Bank after years of being denied.  

Congrats!! Do you know why you were being denied?

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 3 of 8
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

I think it's because I had no active trade lines in good standings when I first applied.

The second time I had applied was pretty much the same so I'm not sure why they didn't approve me.

I waited about 5 years applied with what you see below in my credit file and they approved me for a checking account/debit card.

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 4 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:
I think it's because I had no active trade lines in good standings when I first applied.

The second time I had applied was pretty much the same so I'm not sure why they didn't approve me.

I waited about 5 years applied with what you see below in my credit file and they approved me for a checking account/debit card.

Chase doesn't pull any credit reports when opening banking accounts, so I don't think lack of trade lines was the problem. And I know for a fact they don't pull credit reports as I've opened Chase checking accounts 3 times in the past 3 years for new account bonuses. The first time I opened an account it was the branch manager at a branch in a small city near me and I asked her and she told me that as long as you're not applying for overdraft protection they don't pull credit reports. I wanted to make darn sure Chase didn't pull my credit as I have a 2010 bankruptcy that included a couple of Chase credit cards.

Chase does pull EWS, Early Warning System, a service that reports alot of personal banking info, especially any negative info such as overdrafts and accounts closed with a negative balance. Have you had any banking problems in the past? If so any negative info falls off after so many years and that's possibly why you finally got your account.

Message 5 of 8
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ

I didn't even 'think' about the EWS Smiley Indifferent come to think of it, that may have played a pretty big part in the decision.  

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase runs soft credit pull which showes up on Credit monitoring so yes they do run soft pull credit Inq when opening up bank accounts.

Message 7 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Which CRA, Experian? None of my monitoring services show me soft pulls but I recently pulled my free annual credit reports which do show all the soft pulls/account reviews and didn't see any from Chase on EQ or TU. For some reason EX wouldn't give me a report, maybe because I have it locked.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.